Welcome to my very first blog! I'm just about to go off on a month and a half journey down south (Southern India that is). I've just spent the last 6 months living and volunteering in the hustle-bustle of Pune, India at Sangam World Centre, a Girl Guide and Girl Scout World Centre. And now I'm ready to adventure further!!!!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Full circle--One home to another

Here I am. Back at Sangam, at the journey's end. Home. Or on my way home. Or both. I think.

Sooo glad to be back at Sangam where there is calm and peace, and I know and understand at least half of Pune and what's going on. Where I can catch up on friends, relax and do the dreaded thing...try and fit 7.5 months worth of stuff into 2 suitcases. You'd think I of all people could do such a thing, but even I have materialist tendancies (everything is soooo cheap here) Needless to say, perhaps, Joanne and I spent all day shopping. :/ Anyway, we're relaxing here now but off to Mumbai for 2 days before the flight out.

I've had an absolutely wonderful time, both living and the travelling. But, India is kinda like a nail file...it just keeps rubbing off bits of my nerves and shaping me....but my nails aren't growing back so fast. So its time. And I'm looking forward to coming home. I miss everyone. You've all been so great at emails and mail and it means so much so far away from family. I probably wouldn't be so head-strong and keen to "do" things if you all weren't there, just supporting me. Thank you!

So, this, sparing a few adventures in Mumbai, Singapore and Vancouver, is really the end of this trip. But I know I will be back...maybe with some of you, if you're up for it :)

"The perfect journey is circular. The joy of departure and the joy of return" :)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home